Maximizing a floating window ignores taskbar (on non primary screen)

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Markus Springweiler
Version: 16.1.0631
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 8 (64-bit)

My non primary secondary screen hosts a vertical taskbar on the right side and maximizing a floating window there places the right side window icons behind the taskbar since the window occupies the entire screen.

(System.Windows.Forms.Screen.WorkingArea contains the rect which isn't occupied by any taskbar)

Comments (8)

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Markus,

Thanks for reporting this.  I believe we now have it fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

This by the way only happens with single floated ToolWindows. As soon as they are combined together - or you float a document - and a real title bar appears the maximize works correctly.

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Yes it was happening when the WindowStyle was None, which only occurred when a single tool window container was floating.  That's the scenario we fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

On 632: It's better (not behind task bar) but now there is an ugly ~10px fat black extra border around the entire window.

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Markus,

Thanks for reporting that.  It appears to be an additional Setter for that scenario that needed to be in our Window Style to reset the outerGrid's Margin to zero when WindowStyle=None.  We've fixed it for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Ian Newborn

Sorry to raise the dead thread but what version did this actually get fixed in?

I can still see it with 2016.1.635 and with all the breaking changes in 2017 I wont be able to move to that soon.

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ian,

I think any changes there were before build 635. 

Note that for the changes in 2017.1, if you look at the Converting to 2017.1 documentation, it describes how you can reference "legacy" versions of PropertyGrid and/or Editors instead of the newer ones.  The legacy versions are effectively the 2016.1 codebases, but with the newer 2017.x version number.  That allows you to move up to the latest releases without any breaking changes.

If you still see a problem on the latest version, please let us know how to repro it.  I'm not seeing it when I tested just now.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Ian Newborn

I'm not going to be able to move to the 2017 releases this year just too much risk.  I'll work around it with a visual tree hack for now.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.