How to add custom content to the PropertyGrid cells?

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by IneedHelp
Version: 16.1.0632

My goarl is to use the PropertyGrid for it's display capabilities, but without any limitations as to what the content can be. I did manage to set custom visuals through data templates, but I have no control over them because I can't get a valid reference to the instances used by the templates.

Is there a possibility to insert custom content in the PropertyGrid control with complete disregard between the value and value type relationship?

Or in other words, could it be possible to make the PropertyGrid's Value property reflect an instance to the visual template that's being used with it?

[Modified 8 years ago]

Comments (1)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The PropertyGrid control is set up to build rows based on properties and to use value editor templates for editing the property values.  There isn't really a way to have direct access to content, since the control isn't designed for that sort of thing.

That being said, we are currently working on making new tree controls and those may possibly support more what you're trying to do.  We currently are finishing up a single column TreeListBox control and then will likely move onto a multi-column TreeListView control.  Most of our tests for the TreeListBox have been for MVVM data and DataTemplate usage thus far though.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.