ExpressionTextBox and scroll bars

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by John Hennesey
Version: 15.1.0624

We are trying to troubleshoot expression text boxes not rendering properly on some machines - was wondering if anyone has seen this before [using this product]?  Not saying this product is the cause, but I really can't figure out what is!  Any suggestions / tips / knowledge / etc. is very much welcomed.

I have an image, but cannot figure out how to post it.  So, I'll do the best I can to explain it:

Imagine a control flow IF statement, and when the focus is in the ETB the horizontal scroll bar appears and the ETB doesn't resize.  So all you see is the scroll bar.

Thank you,

John

p.s. the dll product version is 15.1.624.0

UPDATE: I just confirmed this behavior started when we introduced Intellisense into our rehosted designer.  Hopefully this has been noticed and already addressed :)

[Modified 8 years ago]

Comments (4)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi John,

I don't believe we make a control by that name (ExpressionTextBox).  Do you mean that you are using a SyntaxEditor that is sized very short?  If so, did you look at our Single Line Mode QuickStart?  That has examples of making a single-line editor and properties for growing its height as needed when in that mode too.

Actipro Software Support

Sorry I wasn't clear - we are using a Rehosted Workflow Designer - in conjunction with your products to create an Intellisense experience (http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2013/08/26/Enhancing-the-Windows-Workflow-Designer).  On certain machines it makes the area on many of the out of the box microsoft workflow activities behave differently.  Is there any way I can get you an image of it?  It's a bit hard to explain.

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi John,

You can't post images here but you could email us one to our support address if you'd like.  Please reference this thread if you do and provide as much detail as you can in your email.

A quick word of warning... We aren't really experts on Windows Workflow.  We just have the sample that shows how to supply SyntaxEditor as a custom expression editor.  If your question relates to SyntaxEditor and its UI, we can certainly help.  But if it's something more workflow related, you might have better luck on the Microsoft forums, as our knowhow of workflow is limited.

Actipro Software Support

Understood.  Emailed to support@.  If there is another address I should use please let me know, and thanks!

John

[Modified 8 years ago]

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.