Identify code snippet fields for automation

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Xinen Lee

Hi, 

I'm using code snippets on top of syntax highlighting. I'm trying to expose whether a token is a CodeSnippetField or CodeSnippetDependantField. However I see that the CodeSnippetFieldTagger is internal - thus I can't identify if the token is a CodeSnippetField or CodeSnippetDependantField.

Is it possible for actipro to give users a way to identify this token?

thanks!

Comments (5)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Code snippets aren't really related in any way to tokens.  Both tokens and code snippets affect syntax highlighting though.  If you make a tag aggregator for CodeSnippetFieldTag and examine the CodeSnippetFieldTag instances for the document, each one of those tags tells you via an IsDependent property whether it is a dependent field or not.

Actipro Software Support

Hi, thanks for your explanation. However CodeSnippetFieldTag class is internal and I can't access it.

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Xinen,

Sorry you are correct.  The other thing you can do is aggregate the lower-level IClassificationTag and look at the ClassificationType of each tagged range.  For code snippet fields, those will be DisplayItemClassificationTypeProvider.CodeSnippetDependentField or DisplayItemClassificationTypes.CodeSnippetField.

[Modified 8 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

Almost there... but DisplayItemClassificationTypes class is also internal

Oh, okay I've found it through DisplayItemClassificationTypeProvider thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.