Convert an Existing App Advice

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Neil Larson
Version: 16.1.0633

I am considering adding docking abilities to an MMVM app. The app is currently a tab control with 6 tabs. Each tab hosts a dynamic layout via DockPanel.

I believe I want to maintain the tabs, but allow docking inside the tabs. Any advice or guidance to make this smoother would be appreciated -

Thanks,

Neil

Comments (3)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Neil,

Do you mean that you would like tool window inner-fill mode inside each tab and to allow the tool windows to be dragged and docked within other tabs?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Neil Larson

Now that I look at it a bit, Im hoping for similar functionality as Visual Studio for some of the sections, but hopefully styled like group boxes when docked.

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Neil,

Our Docking/MDI product supports tabbed MDI and docking tool windows.  Both of those mimic exactly what is in Visual Studio, and can be moved around to various locations, although tool windows are more flexible in where they can go. 

Our product also has support for nesting dock sites, which means you could put a nested dock site of inner-fill tool windows within a tabbed MDI document that is in a root dock site.  One of our QuickStarts shows that concept.  I'm not sure if that applies to what you are trying to do.

Even if not, Docking/MDI supports all the docking window UI concepts found in Visual Studio.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.