RaftingWindow class missing in 2016.1 version

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Vikas Rao
Version: 16.1.0633

Hello

We are currently using Actipro 2014.1 version in our product and are planning to upgrade to 2016.1 version. I downloaded 2016.1 Build 0633 version. While trying to compile with the dlls of this version we are getting compile errors since some of the controls that we are styling are missing. Can you please confirm if RaftingWindow class and ContainerSplitter class under ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.Primitives namespace has been removed? I could not find it in the documentation of the new version.

Thanks

Vikas 

Comments (4)

I just realized I posted this in the wrong group. We are using Docking windows in WPF and not windows forms. I will repost this in WPF group. Sorry for the confusion.

Vikas

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Vikas,

Yes those classes are gone in the new version.  By the way, there is a Converting to 2016.1 topic in the Docking/MDI documentation that should help in general during conversion, although it might not go into detail on certain primitives that were removed and replaced.  Also we still ship the "old" version of Docking/MDI in a Docking.Legacy assembly.  The help topic covers how to use that instead of our new version and it can help hold you over until you are able to convert to the new API.  But we do recommend moving to the new API when you can.

Oh and we were able to just move this thread to the correct forum.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the details. I will look up to see if there are replacements for the classes we use.

Thanks

Vikas

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

If you can't sort out replacement functionality for something you did before using the Converting topic, please describe the scenario in detail and we'll do our best to give you pointers on how to implement it in the new version.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.