ThemedDataGrid locks up UI few 2-3 seconds when loading

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Eric P
Version: 16.1.0632

I am not sure if this is the correct place for a question about the ThemedDataGrid. I have a DataTemplate that associates a Document ViewModel with a Document View (UserControl). The View is pretty simple right now. Here are the importnat bits.

<UserControl ...>
  <datagrid:ThemedDataGrid ItemsSource="{Binding DataTable}" />
</UserControl>

When I open this Document, by the ViewModel to the DockSite.DocumentItems, the whole UI will lock for 2-3 seconds as its trying to render the display. The DataGrid is bound to a System.Data.DataTable in my ViewModel. When I change it to the standard WPF DataGrid there is no lag when its being opened. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

-eric

Comments (1)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Eric,

We're not aware of any issues such as what you are describing.  There isn't really all that much custom code in the ThemedDataGrid, but it's all open source online on this page.  I would first suggest using a performance profiler to see if you can isolate what specifically is causing the problem in your scenario.  The full source of that DataGrid add-on is available on Codeplex if you want to adjust code within it.  Or we can work with you too if you want to build a simple repro project and send it to our support address.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.