Tool window sliding closed event

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Brian Pratt
Version: 16.1.0633

Is there a way to cancel the tool window sliding closed?  There are events for windows closing, but I cant seem to find one that will allow me to cancel the auto-hiding tool window closing.

My situation:

I have a tool window that is un-pinned (docked to the side and closed).  When I click on the closed tool window, it slides out.  Within the tool window, I have a button that opens a popup.  When I click in the popup, the tool window slides closed (undesired).  I want a way to say "if the tool window starts to slide closed and the popup is open, cancel (handled=true) the tool window sliding closed".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian

Comments (1)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brian,

Sorry but we don't have anything for that right now.  Could you put together a new simple sample project that shows this happening and email it to our support address?  That way we can debug it to see if we can find a way to detect this scenario and prevent it.  Or alternatively we could possibly add some workaround.  In your email, please reference this thread and rename the .zip file extension of what you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.