Button style like the Property Grid Toggle Buttons

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Eric P
Version: 16.1.0634

This should be a simple question. I would like to style two buttons (or maybe toggle buttons) to look like the toggle buttons on the PropertyGrid. These toggle buttons have a blue outline and a light blue background.

http://www.actiprosoftware.com/content/images/products/controls-wpf-propertygrid/Filtering.png

The button I am talking about is shown in this image in the upper left corner of the property grid. I was searching through the Actipro Styles thinking I could find the XAML but no luck so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-eric

Comments (7)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Eric,

I believe those use this Style:

{x:Static themes:SharedResourceKeys.ToolBarEmbeddedButtonBaseStyleKey}

Actipro Software Support

So I was using the EmbeddedButtonBaseStyleKey but I changed it to ToolBarEmbeddedButtonBaseStyleKey and I do not see any visual difference. I get a light blue background when I mouse over the button or when its "on" (IsChecked = true). I tried using a ToggleButton and a RadioButton.

Hi Eric,

ToolBarEmbeddedButtonBaseStyleKey is based on EmbeddedButtonBaseStyleKey but adds themed Background, BorderBrush, Foreground, CornerRadius, Padding settings and sets it as a tab stop too.

Actipro Software Support

Should I expect to see a darking blue border around the button when IsChecked = true when using ToolBarEmbeddedButtonBaseStyleKey (like the picture posted)?

Yes, I believe it will show a blue border when checked.

Actipro Software Support

I have used both ToolBarEmbeddedButtonBaseStyleKey and EmbeddedButtonBaseStyleKey but I do not see the blue border. I do see a light blue background with no boarder. I asusme this is also tied to which theme is loaded? I am uisng both the Metro Light and Dark theme. Maybe the blue boarder is for another theme. I will poke around.

Hi Eric,

Correct, the Metro themes define a border color that is the same as the background color so it doesn't appear different in that theme.  If you use a theme like Aero you can see a different border color.  The border color is defined by this asset resource: AssetResourceKeys.ToolBarButtonBorderCheckedNormalBrushKey.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.