licenses.licx not being generated.

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Scott Pearce - Senior Analyst / Programmer, Jiwa Financials
Version: 16.1.0330
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am using a licensed copy of Syntax Editor v16.1.330.0 with Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 Update 3.

When I create a new Visual Basic Windows Forms project and drop a Syntax editor onto the design space, no license.licx is generated. Therefore, when running the application on another PC, I get a licensing error.

I originally installed the Actipro Winforms Controls product and entered my licence code without problem. I have also uninstalled and re-installed Actipro Winforms Controls. Finally, I tried installing and licensing Actipro Winforms Controls on a fresh PC with Visual Studio 2015 Update 3. The problem persists in all cases.

What am I doing wrong? Any information will be appreciated.

Scott

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Scott,

I don't believe the licenses.licx file will be generated automatically.  Please check out our "Licensing" topic in the documentation as that tells you how to create the licenses.licx file and add it to your project as an Embedded Resource.  If you have any other questions after reading through that topic, please write our support address and we'll work with you to get it going.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Scott Pearce - Senior Analyst / Programmer, Jiwa Financials

Thanks. I didn't realise this had to be done manually (our other components auto-generate and add themselves to the file).

All working now!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.