Minimizing and restoring main wnd incorrectly restores tool wnds if they were maximized on other scr

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Oliwia Złotorowicz
Version: 16.1.0635
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Repro steps:

1. Open sample application
  2. Run i.e. Docking/MDI - Capabilities
  3. Undock "Tool Instance Options" and move it to other screen
  4. Maximize "Tool Instance Options" by moving it to one of the screen corners. It maximizes to screen quarter on Windows 10 (this is cricual)
  5. Minimize application
  6. Restore application. "Tool Instance Options" restores in position previous to maximizing, not the maximized one.
  7. The same incorrect effect appears when user maximizes to half screen by moving to screen edge

Comments (3)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Oliwia,

Yes that is a behavior built into WPF.  You can see the same thing in a new WPF application where you add a second "child" Window like this to the main Window:

var w = new Window();
w.Title = "Tool Window";
w.Owner = this;
w.Show();

After you do that, move the child Window to a second monitor as maximized and then minimize the main Window and restore it.  You'll see the same thing happen.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Oliwia Złotorowicz

Hello,

Should I understand, that it is a Windows 10 error/feature and cannot be corrected by Actipro?

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

It's hard to say.  Either Microsoft's code in WPF itself or core Windows makes that happen by default since per above, it's easily reproduced without any of our code/controls.  I believe we looked before and didn't see a way to detect the scenario either, preventing us from working around it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.