DateEditBox MonthCalendar disappears

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Ilya Smirnov
Version: 17.1.0650
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have added a DateEditBox to a ToolBar and then click dropdown arrow to open a month calendar. When I click Next - Previous arrows on the month calendar it disappears. You can view this behaviour in Editors - Ribbon Integration (Interop) sample.

Comments (3)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ilya,

This is happening because we are using regular WPF Buttons in those locations and Microsoft's ButtonBase.OnLostMouseCapture code will blur focus (move it back to the main focus scope) when in a toolbar/ribbon.  That in turn causes the popup to close.

We are going to work around it by adding some custom primitive button classes for use in the MonthCalendar that will prevent that focus blur.  Those updates will be in the next maintenance release (build 651).

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Ilya Smirnov

There is another problem with the new calendar. I use font Exo 2 in my application and arrows in the calendar is not visible with this font.

Please see this screenshot

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Thank you for letting us know.  We will switch to a non-font-based glyph for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.