Is it possible to use Intelliprompt Infrastructure in other Actipro Controls?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by SvenG - VIPA
Version: 16.1.0636

We have introduced Intelliprompt in our Application, which is working fine so far. (Product version 2016.636)
But there is also a graphical representation of our source code (similiar to a flow chart) where we use TextBoxes to show small code snippets. We want to use Intelliprompt there as well.

Is there any possibility to use Intelliprompt in other Actipro Controls outside the SyntaxEditor? If not, could it be feasible to use the Syntax Editor in SingleLine mode? I fear memory and performance issues because dozens of these textbox controls could be displayed at once on the screen and the Syntax Editor is no lightweight control.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on that matter.

Thanks in advance!

Sven

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sven,

We don't have a way to use IntelliPrompt in other controls, however as you said, you can use SyntaxEditor in single line mode to get IntelliPrompt working.  I wouldn't think that SyntaxEditor in single-line mode would use all that much memory.  True it will use more than a TextBox since there are many more options and other features to track, but I would think it wouldn't be all that bad.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.