Issues with IsMultiLine = false and HorizontalAlignment

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by SvenG - VIPA
Version: 16.1.0636

When using the SyntaxEditor in SingleLine Mode and with a HorizontalAlignment I have an issue when navigating in the text:
it does not fit entirely in the SyntaxEditor anymore and some portions of the text are therefore not visible.

Here's an example:

<syntaxeditor:SyntaxEditor HorizontalAlignment="Right" IsMultiLine="False" Text="Test123Test456"></syntaxeditor:SyntaxEditor>

When clicking in the text and moving the cursor to the end of the text the text is scrolled a little bit and doesn't fit in the SyntaxEditor anymore. The longer the text gets, the larger the gap is.
Is there anything I can do about it ?

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.  In multi-line mode, we want that extra space to be visible as the caret approaches the right edge of the editor.  But it doesn't make sense to add it in single-line mode.  We'll update that for the next version.  Unfortunately it's an internal code change that is required and there isn't really a workaround in the meantime.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by SvenG - VIPA

Thank you for investigating this issue.
Okay I'll wait for the next release and have a look at it again.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.