AST class generation

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Simon Sprott
Version: 17.2.0661

I'm trying to figure out where the AST classes come from within your samples. 

All the classes in the folder SampleBrowser\ProductSamples\SyntaxEditorSamples\QuickStart\GettingStarted04d\Ast say they were generated using the 'Actipro Language Designer tool'. I've been looking at the designer and the only thing I can figure out how to generate is the lexer.

The following thread indicates that the designer can turn out boiler plate code for the AST nodes.

http://www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/20875/sample-grammar-and-ast-production

So are the classes in SampleBrowser\ProductSamples\SyntaxEditorSamples\QuickStart\GettingStarted04d\Ast boiler plate classes that have been extensivley modified by hand or were they generated like this (and if so how).

Thanks.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Simon,

That is correct, you can use the Language Designer to set a few properties and it will code generate all of them without needing to modify anything by hand.  Please see the "SyntaxEditor / Language Designer Tool / AST Nodes Configuration Pane" topic in the documentation for information on how to use that portion of the Language Designer app.

[Modified 6 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.