NullableColorPropertyEditor in PropertyGrid

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Erel Uziel
Version: 17.2.0661

It is probably my fault but I cannot get NullableColorPropertyEditor to accept empty values by deleting the text.

Initial value:

Later when I try to delete the text it reverts back to the value:

It seems like the IsNullAllowed property of ColorEditBox is false.

Another two unrelated questions:

1. Is it possible to change the color in the drop down picker without dragging the selector? Just clicking on the new value.

2. Is it possible to add a close button to the drop down picker?

[Modified 6 years ago]

Comments (4)

Main question solved. I need to return a ValuePropertyEditor from my custom IPropertyModel.

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Erel,

That might be the default Color property editor kicking in.  Did you wire up our Editors' property editors?  Those have a nice dropdown for color selection, but do require that you are also licensed for the Editors product.  There's one attached property you can set in XAML to automatically add all of them and not have to worry about anything in code behind.  See the documentation for info on that.

For the questions, yes, being able to click on a spot in the HSB selection area is in the upcoming maintenance release.  It makes it a lot easier to use.

I don't think we will be adding a close button though, because you can just click the edit box's dropdown arrow to close it.

Actipro Software Support

For the questions, yes, being able to click on a spot in the HSB selection area is in the upcoming maintenance release. It makes it a lot easier to use.

Sounds great. We might wait for it before releasing our updated IDE. Can you tell when will it be available?

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Erel,

It should hopefully be in the next few days.  Please watch our Announcements forum to see when it's released.  We always post there on releases.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.