TreeListBox display

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Wiley Knoch
Version: 16.1.0635

I have an app that uses a PropertyGrid and a TreeListBox control.  The property grid by default dropped in and looks great like it's theme is programmically set nicely under the hood.  The TreeListBox on the other hand looks very primitive by default.  The background appears to be transparent, the tree items are bland and I don't even see the carat dropdown to expand the nodes (but it does expand when I click in the empty space to the left of the node).

I have looked at the documentation and example code and even run the example code project and the tree examples in there look great.  So I tried tearing that example project apart looking for where it is customizing the tree's nicely and can't find anything.  I am new to WPF so I am sure I am just not looking in the right place.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments (2)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Wiley,

Hmm, it should be styled fine by default.  Can you email our support address with a new simple sample project showing it not working correctly?  Please exclude any bin/obj folders from the ZIP so they don't get spam blocked, and reference this thread.  Also, which operating system and system theme are you on?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Wiley Knoch

Wow this was all my mistake and got lucky I found the problem.  I am using version 16.1 in my app but had recently installed 17 to see if I wanted to upgrade.  Since 17 was the latest version the designer dropped in the 17 version of the TreeListBox but all my other references (I'm assuming the Shared assembly is the culprit) are 16.  Soon as I dropped in the 16 Grids dll it now looks perfect.

Sorry for the hassle.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.