Create a table like view

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Mike
Version: 17.2.0664

Hi,

is it possible somehow to create a table like view for the document with rows / columns ?

What would be the best approach and where would I start with?

Comments (3)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

Sorry but I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to achieve.  Maybe you could describe your needs in more detail?  In general though, SyntaxEditor is a pure text editor and not really designed for "rich-text" kind of editing, where you are more apt to see tables.  

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Mike

Hi,

I don't want to insert a table around text. I want the overall document to align text in columns. For example, I saw someone using the same VS editor engine to create a hex view like document https://i.imgur.com/li3lIYK.jpg

What would be the best approach to align text in columns like showing in the screenshot?

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the screenshot.  We don't have anything that will align document text in columns like that and keep it in columns as you type.  SyntaxEditor is designed more for normal text file editing.

You could make a custom margin if you wanted a read-only column layout next to the document text being edited though.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.