Posted 6 years ago by Mike

A saw a request for a busy indicator was made 2 years ago http://www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/23314/busy-indicator but I couldn't find such one in the sample browser. I believe it's a great addition and very useful. It basically shows itself over the window indicating a progress but also disable the window for user input. Here is a screenshot https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Xl7i4lB4JkA/Vye5Kl0Z74I/AAAAAAABZbg/Hbe21vbqwcQ-CvSU6ys2VLYKGMpAy8TEwCLcB/s1600/Progress1.png

Similar to xceed (I dont know if I am allowed to link to the github) it would be great to work even if the application is frozen

Comments (3)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

We did implement a spinner as requested in that other thread you linked to.  If you look at the Shared section of the main sample app, there is a "Progress Spinners" QuickStart that shows a busy indicator control we offer.

We don't have anything that overlays a window and blocks input though.  I don't believe we've had requests for that in particular.  We can write it down as a suggestion.  What kind of options would you like to see on something like that?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Mike

It should have the following options:

- Can be cancelled (show cancel button + event that fires if cancelled)

- Disable child the busy indicator is wrapped around in XAML

- Disable overall application

- Theme support

- Marquee or progress bind to property

- Text property

- It should run itself automatically in a different thread so it can be used for code that blocks the UI

I'm new to WPF but I know that the last point was done by a control library from a different developer team for Winforms and it was useful for situations where it was unavoidable to freeze the UI  while waiting for external code to finish. If this is not possible in WPF then please forget about. Thanks for considering it!

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the ideas.  We'll write them down for possible future control consideration.

[Modified 6 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.