Security setting change after a save of a html document

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Jos van den Braak
Version: 3.2.28

Hi readers,

Is there anybody else who has the problem that after a save of a document, the security settings in windows change to "This file is originating from an other computer and is possibly blocked to better secure this computer"?

This only happens when you use the save function in the app.

You can edit the same file with notepad and that does nog give this change in security setting.

Any workaround known?

Comments (1)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I'm sorry you're having trouble.  We haven't heard of that happening.  We are simply using Microsoft's standard built-in Universal Windows file access API to save files.  We aren't doing anything ourselves that would trigger something like that.  It could be that there is some issue in your system's configuration or in Microsoft's code that is causing this.  I would suspect that if it's happening in our app, the same thing would happen in any Universal Windows-based app that also saves files since all Universal Windows apps have to use that same file access API.

I'm not sure if this URL will help:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/147837e4-c0cd-4a81-91f6-a6b9a03ae00d/disable-this-file-comes-from-another-computer?forum=itprovistasecurity

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.