Compilation and execution of code

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Shawn Whitten

Recently, I read in the help text for Code Writer about the common request by users for Code Writer to support compilation and execution of code.  The following is how I would approach the problem though I do not know whether or not it would work.

I think this could be done by an enhancement to Code Writer where it would execute the text populated by the user.  The text would be blank for distribution of Code Writer, yet the suggested things to be placed therein would be documented within the help text.  This, hopefully, would suffice for Microsoft to distribute Code Writer in the fashion they do today.

Comments (1)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Shawn,

The main problem is that Universal Windows apps like Code Writer live in a security sandbox where we aren't able to execute external code like a full Win32 app can.  Those security restrictions are placed by Microsoft on Universal Windows apps in general as part of their core framework to help protect end users from malicious apps.  Unfortunately we don't have any control over that.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.