Posted 19 years ago by GLarson
How do I set the text color if I am not using a Language for syntax highlighting? The ForeColor property doesn't do it. Thanks.

Greg

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Even the plain text language (the default one) has a highlighting style. You'd have to set the foreground color there. There always is a language assigned... by default it is a PlainText one.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Douglas Peterson
I see this post is three years old, but my search led me here so I thought I'd respond.

If you look at the documentation provided with SyntaxEditor and navigate to:
Dynamic Languages Guide > Dynamic Language XML Definition Specification > Style Tag

The section under "Special Style Tags" does not mention the "DefaultStyle" tag which is how you change the foreground color.

I mention it because upon reading this post I headed for the above documentation and still couldn't find the answer to my question (same Q as OP). I only discovered the "DefaultStyle" tag by searching through all of the dynamic lexers provided in the sample application.

Are there more "Special Style Tags"?
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You are right, the DefaultStyle should be listed there too. The others in the list are the remaining special style names. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.