Tabs always at the bottom

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Eirin Blaestrud
Version: 4.5.0471
Hi!

When you toggle the "auto hide" pin at the top of a tool window the tabs switch places from the left side of the window to the bottom. Is there a property that I could use to make the tabs always stay at the left side of the window?

I'm very new to these products, so I haven't been able to find such a property.

Thanks!

Eirin

Comments (7)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
If the window starts at a docked position left of the workspace, it should auto-hide to the left as well. If you are seeing something different, please put together a tiny sample project that you can send us showing it and email it over. We're hoping to get a maintenance release out shortly so if a fix is required, we can get it in for that if we get it in time.

Actipro Software Support

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. I think I was a little unclear in my question. :)

The tabs move to the bottom of the window when you "lock" a tool window (when you set auto hide to false). But I would like them to stay to the left no matter what.

Eirin
I'm not seeing it happen in our demo. Are you sure you have the latest maintenance release? If so, can you still make a small repro project and email it over? Alternatively if you see it happening in one of our samples, please let us know which one. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Sorry I think I misunderstood what you were asking. So you were saying that when in a docked state the tabs for the tool windows are always at the bottom (even if the tool window group is docked on the side of the workspace) and you'd like them to stay on the side if the tool windows came from an auto-hidden group. Is that correct?

Actipro Software Support

Yes that is correct!
Is it possible to change that behaviour?

Eirin
Unfortunately not at this time, the tabs for docked windows appear at the bottom to match how Visual Studio behaves.

Actipro Software Support

Ok, thanks for your answer.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.