Barcode XPS sample problems

Bar Code for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Crile Carvey
Version: 4.5.0471
I get this error when browsing the sample code. Any ideas?

Crile

Error 1 Property 'Pages' does not support values of type 'PageContent'. C:\Working\_WPF Projects\ActiproSamples\SampleBrowser\ProductSamples\BarCodeSamples\Demo\XpsPrinting\MainControl.xaml 42 6 SampleApplication-CSharp.VS2008

[Modified at 10/15/2008 10:45 AM]

Comments (5)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Crile,

That's odd, I've had several people try it and nobody is having any problems. What versions of Windows, .NET, and WPF Studio do you have? Also this is the local Windows version of the Sample Browser right?

Actipro Software Support

Vista Ultimate 64 bit, .NET 3.5 sp1, WPF Studio v4.5.0471

Thanks
Sorry I was looking at run-time, where it appears to work fine. You meant the designer, right?

When I load the designer, I do see the issue. We did some searching and found this article on Microsoft's Connect site:
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=293646&wa=wsignin1.0

The key part of that is where Microsoft states:
Quote:
We completely agree with you that specifying PageContent through XAML is a useful scenario for the WPF Designer. However we do not intend to enable support for it in the Visual Studio 2008 release of the WPF designer.

So it looks like that won't be supported in the designer. However it does work fine at run-time.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks - that's it.

Any chance you can refactor that piece of the demo? The sample source, as it stands, is not much help for a novice trying to get a leg-up on using your control. Frankly, it gives this particular ActiPro novice an uneasy feeling about your product line.

At least, perhaps you could provide a C# code implementation for this part of the demo? Just a XAML shell and some code-behind?

Thanks for your quick responses.

Crile
Yes, we've reworked it so the FixedDocument and related classes are created in C# using a FixedPage defined in the UserControl's resources. That lets the designer load ok and run-time works too.

Again though, this is a deficiency in Microsoft's implementation of Visual Studio's designer. They themselves admitted it should be able to show ok, but they didn't get that functionality in on time.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.