Several questions regarding Ribbon control, window

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Anurodh Ora
Version: 4.5.0482
Hi,

1. Can we minimize the display time of screen tip in ribbon control? I watched the display time of screen tip and it is upto 20 secends. I think its too long.

2. Ribbon control is not being hide when the window is resize to its minimum size. In the Actipro sample application it is working. Can you please tell me what i am missing?

3. Ribbon control does not remember the last location for QAT bar when the window is closed and reopen. Is there any other way to do? MS Office remembers the same.

Thank you,

Anurodh

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Anurodh,

1) Initial screen tip display delay is set to 900ms, just as the Microsoft guidelines say. I tested it and that is how long it appears to be taking. Unless you are moving the mouse around a lot I can't think of anything that would cause it to be longer.

2) First make sure you have all the various collapsible properties as their default values (IsCollapsible="True"). Also we've found in the past that the DockPanel works as the best container for a Ribbon within a Window. With Grid as a parent, sometimes it wouldn't provide a proper height measurement so that Ribbon knew when it should or should not collapse due to vertical resizing. If you are having trouble then start with one of our Getting Started series sample's XAML. They all collapse properly.

3) You need to persist that sort of information on your own (maybe in application settings) and restore it on application load.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.