Toggling Visibility of RibbonWindow Control Buttons

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Mike Strobel - Software Engineer, CDC Software
Version: 4.5.0483
I have a small feature request. We would like to be able to toggle the visibility of the control buttons in the RibbonWindow title bar (minimize, maximize/restore). I believe this functionality was already implemented for the WindowControl, but not for the RibbonWindow. Our QA department is raising a ruckus because the minimize and maximize/restore buttons on a fixed modal dialog are disabled but still visible :).

Thanks,
Mike

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mike,

While we could add those and have it update our custom template titlebar fine, the changes wouldn't apply to the system drawn Vista Aero glass titlebar. If we can find a way to somehow hide specific buttons via Windows API then perhaps this can be accomplished though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Mike Strobel - Software Engineer, CDC Software
It occurred to me that clearing the WM_SYSMENU flag on the window's style effectively hides the title bar icon and all control buttons. It might be possible to leverage this and then draw the title bar icon and buttons in the non-client area yourself. I'm not sure if it's possible to render elements that close to the window edge, but it might be a viable solution.

Mike
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.