Possible to change the background of a ribbon button?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Derek Smithson - Software Developer, Vista Systems, Corp.
Version: 4.5.0483
Is it possible to set a background color of a ribbon button? Setting the 'Background' property of the button didn't appear to have any effect, and I didn't see any other obvious values that would work for my purposes.

I have an application that needs a save button in the ribbon to blink whenever a save is required. Certainly open to any ideas that would allow me to accomplish this. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Derek,

We'll update our control templates to use the Background property when not hovered or pressed. This should be in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Derek Smithson - Software Developer, Vista Systems, Corp.
Sweet! Thanks for the help!
Posted 15 years ago by Mike Strobel - Software Engineer, CDC Software
I'd really like to see this as well. For some extra flexibility, perhaps you could expose resource keys for the background, inner and outer border brushes for the button's "normal" state and just default them to Transparent. That would allow us to add proper background "chrome" to those buttons when used outside of the ribbon, simply by adding some brushes to our application resources.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.