Resize cursor not appearing

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Anurodh Ora
Version: 4.5.0483
Hi,

I am facing a very strange behavior described as below:
We have a ribbon window in our application which can be resized but the resize cursor(BIDIRECTIONAL ARROW) on window border is not appearing instead normal arrow cursor appears and window is resizing with no issue.

We tried to reproduce it in a sample application but could not succeed.

Has anybody faced this before. What can be the possible cause of this behavior. Any suggestions/pointers are most welcome.

Thanks,
Anurodh

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Anurodh,

We haven't heard of that happening. We'd have to be able to see it to really know what could be wrong. If you do figure out how to reproduce it with our samples, please give us the exact operating system, theme, etc. you are using and how to reproduce. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Mike Strobel - Software Engineer, CDC Software
Hi Anurodh,

When you see this behavior, is your application window responsive? If your application is running some intense code on the UI thread, then that could block WPF from processing mouse input, thus preventing your cursors from updating. You might not see this behavior with a standard window chrome, as that chrome is provided by the operating system and not rendered by WPF. If your application otherwise responds actively to mouse movement (i.e. button hover effects work properly), then this is probably not the cause.

On a side note, I have noticed some odd behavior with other custom window chrome implementations, though I have not personally experienced any with Actipro's. I've seen cases where the mouse cursor becomes invisible when moved over the titlebar, or does not update properly. It seems there are some intricicies related to window messages that are not widely understood.

Cheers,
Mike

[Modified at 01/06/2009 10:39 AM]
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.