ToolWindowContainer minimum width

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Bjørnar Sundsbø - Norway
Version: 4.5.0484
Hi

I've used SplitContainer with DockSite.ControlSize="250,500" to set the size of the tool windows. I have so far been unable to set the minimum size of tool windows inside a container. I don't want the user to be able to set the width to less than 200.

How can I accomplish this?

- Bjørnar

Bjørnar Sundsbø

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Bjørnar,

Sorry that isn't an option at this time yet. We have it on the TODO list.

If it's something you require immediately, we could possibly be contracted to build it for you:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Ujjwal Lahoti
Can you provide an update if this feature was added to the new release?

And is there a way to set the width of a ToolWindow? I am able to set the Width, it does take effect, however it doesn't render properly. i.e. it leaves lot of empty space around it.

[Modified at 04/14/2010 11:12 AM]
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Ujjwal,

Minimum sizes have not been added yet. However as mentioned above the DockSite.ControlSize attached property can set initial sizes. It is described in the documenation topic: "Docking & MDI Docking Window Features / Lifecycle and Docking Management".

You should never set any Width, MinWidth, etc. properties on the ToolWindow controls as that will prevent dynamic layout.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.