RibbonWindow causes multiple size events on maximize/restore

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Bjørnar Sundsbø - Norway
Version: 4.5.0484
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
When using the RibbonWindow and performing a Maximize/Restore, layout is performed twice. This is a problem because I use a COM object on resize to generate a map image which fails when the first attempt is aborted when the second resize event fires.

Using a normal Window, this is not an issue. I expect this might be because the template is applied after the window is resized, which leads to a new resize when using the RibbonWindow.

To reproduce, simply create a RibbonWindow with the following addition to the codebehind:

protected override Size ArrangeOverride(Size arrangeBounds)
{
    Size size = base.ArrangeOverride(arrangeBounds);
    System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine("ArrangeOverride " + size);
    return size;
}
If you add a usercontrol inside a grid and have it fill the window, and override the same method; the second time the event fires the size will have a difference of 8 pixels in both directions from the first event.

Is there a way I work around this until there is a new release with a fix for this issue?

- Bjørnar

[Modified at 02/25/2009 08:24 AM]

Bjørnar Sundsbø

Comments (3)

If I use the following XAML

<Grid>
    <Docking:DockSite x:Name="_dockSite" UseHostedAutoHidePopups="False" AutoHidePopupOpensOnMouseHover="False">
        <Docking:DockSite.AutoHideRightContainers>
            <Docking:ToolWindowContainer >
                <Docking:ToolWindow Title="Title" CanClose="False" CanDockRight="True" CanAutoHide="True" />
            </Docking:ToolWindowContainer>
        </Docking:DockSite.AutoHideRightContainers>
            <Docking:SplitContainer Width="Auto">
                <Docking:SplitContainer Docking:DockSite.ControlSize="350,500">
                    <Docking:Workspace Name="_workspace">
                        <Grid>
                            <b><WpfApplication1:UserControl1 Grid.Row="1" /></b>
                        </Grid>
                    </Docking:Workspace>
                </Docking:SplitContainer>
            </Docking:SplitContainer>
        </Docking:DockSite>
</Grid>
In a Window (UserControl1 is just a control with the ArrangeOverride mentioned in the initial post), I get a similar problem when Docking the autoHide ToolWindow (layout is performed twice). When undocking/setting back to autohide, the event is usually fired once. When Docking, it is fired twice, most of the time.

This bug manifest itself both in a normal Window and in a RibbonWindow.

- Bjørnar

Bjørnar Sundsbø

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Bjørnar,

Whenever you have more complicated questions like these that require setup, please just email our support address with a simple sample project showing a repro of the issue instead of posting here.

Can you make a sample project that shows the two problems and email it to us with a reference to this post?

Thanks, then we can take a look and debug it.

Actipro Software Support

Sample sent

Bjørnar Sundsbø

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.