RaftingWindow & Close Button

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by FinallyInSeattle
Version: 4.5.0487
We have a particular ToolWindow that we've set CanClose to false. I'd like to be able to not have the Close button appear in the window when it is Undocked (or rafting). Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
This is something we have on our TODO list but is not yet supported. It's not quite straightforward since WPF doesn't support a way to hide the close button on a Window. Thus it would need to be done through Win32 API calls.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by yww

I noticed this post is from 4 years ago, now we have the same request as the thread starter. Is it still in the TODO list or already done?

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, yes I believe this was implemented.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by yww

Actually, I found that I can disable a toolWindow's titlebar now, so the close button also won't show. But when the toolWindow is rafting, other toolWindow can also dock to it, when two ToolWindow docked together and rafting, a very small titlebar will come back and with a close button on it. How can I disable that?  

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, if you mean the titlebar that appears when two floating tool windows are docked together side-by-side (or one above the other), sorry but you can't hide that.

Also note that you can just do CanClose and that hides close button while keeping the title bar visible in the normal case.  But this won't affect the other dual docked cased you just mentioned.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.