Middle Click on Tab

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Brad Leach
Version: 9.1.0504
I've noticed that in many recent "tabbed" applications (VS, IE, Chrome, etc), that the Middle-click button closes a tab window. While we could of course add this functionality, is there any chance this could be baked in to the DockSite/TabbedMDI?

Comments (5)

Posted 15 years ago by Brad Leach
Oh, and on the subject of closing tabs, is there any way (or chance or a change) to be able to show the close button both on the tab, and to the right of the tab list? Last time I checked, it seemed only possible to do one or the other out-of-the-box.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Brad,

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll add a TODO item to look into adding middle-click close support.

Right now you can only have the close buttons on the tabs or the container but not both. Having it be on both would be a bit redundant and probably confusing to the end user.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brad,

We've added middle-click close support to the TabbedMdi for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Brad Leach
Hi,

I just tried this feature with build 542, and it didn't seem to work. Is there anything I need to do to enable it?

Cheers,
-Brad
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brad,

I just tried this with our Sample Browser and it appears to be working fine. It is not enabled by default, so in our Features demo you'd have to goto Document Options and enable it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.