Docking crash in strict environment

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by billb - Software Craftsman, Yye Software
Version: 4.5.0487
Our software is typically sold to folks that are in a very restricted environment. Many don't even have internet access and security is tight and the clients have a host of corporate issued security software. One client is rolling out to 20 people and 50% have a problem with our software. I narrowed it down to DockSite, it appears.

The exception is:

Cannot create instance of 'DockSite' defined in assembly 'ActiproSoftware.Docking.Wpf30, Version=4.5.487.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=36ff2196ab5654b9'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error at object 'System.Windows.Controls.DockPanel' in markup file 'Renderers;component/Window1.xaml'.

I'm not implicating Actipro, just asking to see if anyone else has encountered this situation. And if so, were you able to work around it and how.

I'm also working with the IT department at this company to see if I can find out the difference between the PCs where it works and where it doesn't.

Thanks

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bill,

We've not heard of any problems but the exception you listed is likely a top-level wrapper exception and is somewhat ambiguous. See if you can drill down to the innermost exception and get info on that. It will likely tell us what is wrong.

Also since this is saying Microsoft's DockPanel is having an error, perhaps you are not using the correct control hierarchy as described for what is allowed in the Control Hierarchy topic? Check that too. Still if that was the case you'd think none of the people would have it working.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.