Squiggly underline support

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Greg Sika
Version: 9.1.0506
Hi,

Does SyntaxEditor WPF support marking tokens/text with a squiggly underline like MS Word does for spelling and grammar errors?

Thanks,
Greg

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Greg,

Not yet, however we are now working on adding adornment layers that will let you sandwich any UI elements above or below the text, caret, selection, etc. This adornment functionality will lay the groundwork capabilities for supporting features like the squiggle lines, current line highlights, etc., which will be added as we get into those feature areas.

Actipro Software Support

Ok. Then something else to consider when you are implementing it is that I will want to show a hover popup when the mouse pointer is over the adorned text. Ideally the popup will support formatted text. :-)

Thanks,
Greg
Actually the latest build does support full mouse hover eventing and languages can even respond to hovers to populate rich-formatted quick info text. Look at the IQuickInfoProvider service that can be registered with a language. We have several samples that show it now.

Actipro Software Support

I saw that - but haven't looked at it too closely. I was mentioning this request because I would like to be able to "attach" the hover popup directly to the adornment and not have to utilize adornment plus another hover attach process. Perhaps the existing mouse hover eventing implementation will work nicely with adornment in which case consider the request met. :-) I'll probably take a closer look once the adornment is available - or maybe even sooner.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,
Greg
Thanks for the suggestion, we'll write down a note to try and tie it in in an automated way whe we get into adding things like squiggle lines.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.