MDI Magnetism at container's edge

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Brian Miller
Version: 9.1.0503
Is there a way to get magnetism enabled at the DockSite's edges when using standard MDI? I've tried setting the CanToolWindowsDockXXXX property to True on the DockSite, but that does not seem to work. I'm using v9.1.503. Thanks.
    <docking:DockSite x:Name="dockSite1" MagnetismSnapDistance="15" CanToolWindowsDockRight="True">
        <docking:Workspace>
            <docking:StandardMdiHost x:Name="mdiHost" />
        </docking:Workspace>
    </docking:DockSite>

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion. Magnetism doesn't currently look at the workspace bounds, but I'll add a TODO list item for your request.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Brian Miller
Great, thanks! Any idea on how soon this would make it to release so I can properly set expectations?
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry but not at this time. It is a medium priority TODO item, and there are a lot of other things we'd be accomplishing before likely getting to this, such as making all our designer functionality work in VS 2010, Ribbon 2010 styles, etc.

If we aren't able to get to it soon and it is very important for you, you can always follow the steps here to learn more about contracting us to implement it:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

That option has worked out for a lot of other customers when they have different priorities than ours.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.