Tab placement in ToolWindowContainer

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Renee Klawitter
Hi forum!

Is there a possibility to change the default placement of the tabs in a ToolWindowContainers from bottom to top ?

Thank you,
Renee.

Comments (7)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Renee,

Right now document tab containers can do both top/bottom tabs but tool window containers currently only support bottom. We have a TODO item to allow other sides though. I'll log your request with that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by JasonHetu
just curious if this issue has been resolved and what the solution was.

thanks
Sorry Jason, no options have been adding since that post. Tool windows can currently only show tabs on the bottom unless you retemplate the tool window containers.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by JasonHetu
is there a reason that I would not want to use the Document window for tools?
It is really important that we have top tabs for our project.

thanks
Jason,

Document windows typically have a different lifecycle than tool windows and can only be in the MDI area or floated. If that is fine for your purposes then you can use them.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Claudiu Constantin

Was this feature implemented since this thread was created? I'm also interested in placing the ToolWindows tabs at the Top of the container without having to retemplate the control.

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Claudiu,

Sorry for the late reply, we thought we had replied to this.  Yes you can set the DockSite.ToolWindowsTabPlacement property to "Top".

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.