ZoomContentControl fixed size drawing-pin

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by shlomi R
Version: 9.2.0510
Hi,
First i just want to say, very cool control.

I have a small problem, i'm using the ZoomContentControl in a map application,
and I want to let the user select a location on the map with a drawing-pin (using an image to draw the pin on the map). The requirement is that the drawing-pin will move with the map and retain its position, but on the other hand, remain the same size if the map is zoomed.
If I define the pin as a content in the control, than it behaves as required during pan, but not during zoom. If I define the pin external to the control, it behaves as required when zooming, but changes position when panning.
I need to implement the behavior of the pin, and would appreciate support in how to do this. If I implement the pin as content of the control, is there a capability that will allow me to define that this content does not zoom. As I did not find this capability in your documentation, I assume that I need to implement the behavior of the pin as external to the control.
In this case, please advise how to implement the pin position so that it tracks the original position in the picture before the pan.

Comments (4)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

This type of behavior isn't currently supported, but we are looking into it (to see how difficult it will be to add). We'll let you know when we know more.

One option would be to use a ScaleTransform for your pin's RenderTransform that uses an inverse of the ZoomLevel for ScaleX/Y (via binding). This would effectivley "undo" the scaling done by the ZoomContentControl. This is a bit messy of a solution and doesn't work well with alot of elements, which is why we're looking into alternate solutions.

Actipro Software Support

Hello,

We've added support for overlay items to the ZoomContentControl. This feature, and an associated QuickStart sample, will be included in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by shlomi R
Thank you very much,
this feature will be very helpful.
Do you have a schedule for the next release?
Probably in the next week or two.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.