DockSiteLayoutSerializer and build versions

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Arthur Damen
Version: 9.2.0515
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
When I stop my application, i save the current layout.

Dim Layout As String = New ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.Serialization.DockSiteLayoutSerializer().SaveToString(ActiveWindow.DockingPresentationSite)

But when I start the application after a new build is installed i have experienced that the main window is not displayed any more. Only by throwing away the saved layout from the prior build version it starts and shows the main window again.

Is there another way to save the dock/mdi current states so that i can position them manually after a load?

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Arthur,

There's probably something else going on in your scenario because if you look at our layout file XML, there is nothing at all in there that indicates a build number. It's just really simplistic XML that should be the exact same in each build.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Arthur Damen
I did check this and also saw no info about it.
If it happens again in the future i will get back.

A second strange thing I find is installing the new buid version.
Why do I have to remove the prior installation, restart the setup and install the new build.

Why can't the actipro setup detect the installation and update automatically?
I do not install it into the default folder because of the build number in the folder. I change it into V9.x, so each time I install a new build, i have to adjust 2 folders during the installation setup. Very anoying.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the comments on the installer, it's something we've marked down to look into.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.