Auto-complete textbox or combobox?

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Janene McCrillis - UI Software Engineer, Wireless Seismic
Is it possible to use one of the editors as an auto-complete textbox or combo-box? I need a control that will allow a user to select from a set of strings or type their own in, and the control should also give a list of strings already saved filtered by what, if any, characters the user has typed. I've found one in a competitor's toolkit, but would prefer to use the ActiPro tools if possible.

Janene McCrillis

Comments (9)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Janene,

Sorry, while we do have auto-complete features as a TODO item, we haven't implemented them yet.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Mick George - Senior Software Engineer, CNC Software, LLC
I would also like to ask if there is also any history tracking of items typed in the above controls? I have not been able to find anything within the documentation before I go ahead and roll my own.

Thanks.

[Modified at 11/29/2010 02:56 PM]

[Modified at 11/29/2010 02:58 PM]
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mick,

Sorry, we have not implemented this TODO item at this time.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Vinay Chougule

Hi,

Now do you have any auto complete textbox?

Using single line syntax editor works but when I have many textboxes, loading the view containing these textboxes gets slow.

Kind Regards,

VInay

[Modified 10 years ago]

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Vinay,

Sorry but we don't have that control yet.  I will try and bump something like that up in priority.  Can you give us a detailed list of the features you'd like to see in it?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Vinay Chougule

Hi,

The features required are exactly what is already there in the intellisense provided by the actipro syntax editor. The only different thing we need is a light weight control like wpf textbox instead of the heavy weight syntax editor.

Currently we are using the syntax editor with the multiline = false option. The performance  is bad when there are many of them. I'm forced to write a light weight autocomplete textbox.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Kind Regards,

Vinay

Posted 9 years ago by Gareth Parris - Software Developer, McLaren

Was this ever implemented we could do with the auto-complete feature on a textbox too? I notice this was requested 5 years ago...

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gareth,

I'm sorry but we haven't implemented an auto-complete textbox as of yet.

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

We have a new AutoCompleteBox control ready to go for the upcoming 2017.2 version.  If you'd like to help beta test it prior to release, please write our support address.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.