Right Area of the Navigation Pane

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Eli Obadia
Version: 10.1.0523
Sorry for this basic question, but I want to be sure what the best option is.

When programming with the Navigation Pane, at the time the user click on the pane I need to totally change the controls and content available at thye right area of the Panes. For example if I'm programming something like outlook when the user click on the Mail pane I need to display on the right side the list of the emails that have arrived, when he clicks on the calendar I need to take out that list and sho the calendar condrol. What's the best way to change the right area, maybe with a Tab control, having as many tabs as panes and shwitching the current tab of the selectd pane?
If that is the case, is there any way of hiding the tab headers (since those names are alreadyin the Panes)?

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

One possible solution to this could be to put each page's content into the Tag property of the respective navigation pane.

You could then have a ContentPresenter on the right where you want the pages to show up. The ContentPresenter's Content property could then be bound to the NavigationBar.SelectedItem.Tag property.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.