event when autoHideLeft.State / DockingWindowsState changes

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Rod Kuhns
Version: 10.1.0523
I would like to persist the ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DockingWindowState of my autoHideLeft control, and restore it from saved user session settings when a user restarts our application. I am able to determine the "pinned" state with autoHideLeft.State. However, I'm looking for an event that fires when the users changes the DockingWindowsState such that I can save the users prefered state to a session properties file from which I will use to restore the state from when the application loads.

What event occurs when DockingWindowsState changes?

Comments (9)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rod,

We don't currently have an event when the state changes. We have a higher priority TODO item for this, which we'll try to get into the release after next.

In the meantime, you could bind a custom dependency property to the DockingWindow.State property. Then add a change handler for your dependency property.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Josh Dice
Hi,

Was this event ever implemented? I'm not seeing it in the API.

Thanks,
Josh
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Josh,

This has been implemented in the upcoming maintenance release due out sometime this week.

Actipro Software Support

Is it in:
Version 2011.2 build 0550
Released on 11/21/2011, which was before the next post in this thread.

I didn't notice this last week on this thread. It looks like I can download this release now.

Thanks,
Josh
Hi Josh,

No, it has not been released yet. As I said, it's in the upcoming maintenance release due out sometime this week.

Actipro Software Support

Ok. Please explain what the "Latest Build" post's purpose is in this thread?

Thank you,
Josh
Hi Josh,

That tells you exactly when the latest public release came out in relation to the forum posts. So any posts/replies after it (i.e. below it) were made after the release indicated. So if we said XYZ will be in the next release and the Latest Build is above that reply, then you know that feature has not been released yet. If the Latest Build is after that reply, you know that feature has been released publicly.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you for the explanation!

Josh
Hello,

Just FYI, we've added a DockSite.WindowStateChanged event in WPF Studio 2011.2 build 0551.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.