Save Dock Window layout to db and reload for other session.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by thongnguyen
Hi. I need to save my dock-window layout of a number of docking:DocumentWindow to database for creating a collection of layouts. When I restart my application and choose a layout from database, I want it automatic create a set of windows which have the same layout I've chosen in database.

With your quick start "AutoCreationLayout", I just can restore my layout if it still exist. If I close a window, it cannot restore the layout of closed window.

Do you have any resolution ?

[Modified at 10/11/2010 08:07 PM]

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

I'm not exactly clear on what you are asking. If you restore a previously saved layout, the auto-creation feature allows you to create DocumentWindows or ToolWindows that don't currently exist before their layouts are restored. We also offer a lazy-loading feature, which will save the layout out information until you manually create the associated DocumentWindow or ToolWindow.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by thongnguyen
I've already loaded the layout of DockingWindow from db to my application.
My current DockSite include DockWindows & ToolWindows. When I load DockingWindows from db to DockSite, I want it only change DockWindows, not the ToolWindows. How can I do that ?
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

You cannot currently save/restore only the MDI area/documents of the DockSite. You can only save/restore the ToolWindows or the entire layout. I've marked down a TODO item to add this feature in the future.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.