ToolWindow not displaying content correctly w/ multimonitor

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by array1
Version: 10.2.0533
Hello,

I'm on my second day of trialing the docking controls and while it was extremely easy to get going at first with my layout, I've now hit what looks like a bug but I'm not sure.

I have a three-monitor setup (main center, left of main + right of main) and the ToolWindows display correctly when shown within the main center monitor. As soon as the ToolWindow is dragged out to either left or right monitors, it does not display correctly when it refreshes after the drop.

The objects inside the ToolWindow are styled with DataTemplates on datatypes:

<DataTemplate DataType="{x:Type data:MyViewModel}" >
Draw border etc...
</DataTemplate>

When I move the ToolWindows to left or right monitors, my styled borders disappear and all I see are the class names instead:

MyNamespace.ViewModels.MyViewModel

If I move them back to the central monitor, it seems to refresh OK and my borders come back.

Is this a bug or are multi-monitor setups not supported?

Thanks.

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

Are the ToolWindows floating (i.e. in a separate window) when you drag them to the left/right, but docking them (i.e. inside the main window) when you "move them back tot he central monitor"?

If so, then it's most likely that your implicit DataTemplate is not defined in your application resources. If you define them anywhere but the application resources, then they will not be available for use by the floating windows.

If that's not your issue, please put together a small sample project that reproduces the issue and email it over to our support address. Once we have that we can take a closer look.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by array1
Many thanks -- that did the trick.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.