Deserializing with multiple TabbedMdiContainers

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Ray Huger
Version: 10.2.0533
My app has projects where a project can have several files. Like Visual Studio, some of the files will be open and they will be docked to various TabbedMdiContainers. When the user saves the project I SaveToString the DockSiteLayout and insert it into my project file.

When I open the project file I pull out the DockSiteLayout and I call DockSiteLayoutSerializer.LoadString. I can see that the Workspace XML has all my TabbedMdiContainers. But when I monitor the DockingWindowDeserializing events, I don't see any info to tell me into which TabbedMdiContainer I should put the individual DocumentWindows. For that matter I don't know how to put a DocumentWindow into a specific container.

I thought all this would be automatic but I don't see the layout for the DocumentWindows being preserved. No matter how my DocumentWindows are laid out, they always come back in one TabbedMdiContainer.

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ray,

Please make sure you are setting the DockSiteLayoutSerializer.SerializationBehavior property to DockSiteSerializationBehavior.All. By default, only the ToolWindow layouts are saved.

If that doesn't help, please put together a small sample project and email it over to our support address. Once we have that, we can take a closer look.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.