Breadcrumb Control does not work inside DataGrid Row Details

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Luke W
Version: 10.1.0520
Hello,

I just began using the breadcrumb control and like it a lot. However, if I use the control in the RowDetails of a DataGrid, the menu will not stay open (not the combobox, the menu at the end of each crumb). I realize that I don't have the latest release, but I'm hoping that someone can verify that this bug has been fixed before we upgrade.

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Luke,

Sorry, we haven't had any reports on this issue before, so it's unlikely to have changed recently. If you can put together a small sample project that reproduces the issue and email it over to our support address, then we can take a closer look.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Luke W
Just to follow-up on this thread for other readers, this turned out to be a bug with the DataGrid itself. The DataGridDetailsPresenter handles all LButtonDown events (apparently even if they've already been handled) and setts focus to the first cell in the row, thus stealing focus from the dropdown that's trying to open. So this is Microsoft's fault, not Actipro.

General note to readers: The Microsoft DataGrid seems to have multiple issues with RowDetails (in addition to this one), so if you're contemplating using it, just be aware :)
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.