Change ScrollViewer Root Background

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by CodyVanZant
I've begun using a custom theme for my scroll bars and they all work except for the scroll viewer on the syntax editor. The buttons, the bar, they all take the global scrollviewer theme. The background of the scrollviewer of the syntaxeditor stays bright white.

I've hunted through the theme files but I cannot find the correct brush to overwrite in order to alter this color.

Thanks,

Cody

Edit: More details: I'm attempting to make this brush transparent. My previous theme with Rectangles filled with a color worked fine. Now that I'm setting those all to transparent, some underlying color that I don't have access too, a white or very light gray, is there only on the syntax editor scrollviewer.

[Modified at 04/07/2011 02:35 PM]

Comments (4)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Do you mean the small box area where the two scrollbars meet? You should be able to see all our brushes that we use with our Theme Browser utility in the Sample Browser. That shows previews and names of all our built-in brushes so you can customize them if you wish.

Actipro Software Support

No, I mean the actual scroll bar. I don't use the tray on the SyntaxEditor. When I make the area between the slider and the buttons transparent on my global scrollbar theme, only the SyntaxEditor's scrollbar does not become transparent. The other scrollbars throughout my project show whatever happens to be underneath. The SyntaxEditor has some bright white or very light gray underlying color. Usually the ScrollBar theme would paint some color over it, but I want to make it transparent.

I've tried semi-transparent and its the same. It combines the white underneath with the partially transparent color I choose. I can email you a screenshot if you need.

Thanks,

Cody
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
There are likely two backgrounds taking effect, the SyntaxEditor's and the EditorView's. You can make an implicit style and set the Background properties to {x:Null} and that might fix it. The problem is that the text area might not have a background though (I haven't tested it).

Actipro Software Support

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static themes:SyntaxEditorCommonDictionary.EditorViewBackgroundBrushKey}" Color="Transparent"/>

Done.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.