Is it possible for you guys to fix this "issue"?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Version: 11.1.0543
Here are a few "annoying" issues rather then real bugs...

1) Open up the Document Editor (like word) sample
2) Highlight some text
3) Right click on the highlighted text
4) Left click on Cut (DO NOT RELEASE MOUSE BUTTON)
5) Move the mouse to Copy (WHILE STILL HOLDING MOUSE BUTTON)
6) Release mouse button

Issue #1:

At this point you'll notice the application is in a weird state where the context menu is visible, but it no longer has focus, the document viewer has focus (i.e. press the down arrow and you'll see the document viewer has the focus) and the context menu is in a weird state where you can't select items.

Issue #2:

In the previous build actually, the Cut command (or the command you pressed in step 4) would have been executed. This wasn't correct behavior either (according to Office).

You'll notice if you repeat the steps in Word, the command you mouse up on (the Copy command in this case) will be executed.

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I tried versions all the way back to WPF Studio 2009.1 and saw the same thing that you describe in issue #1. I didn't see issue #2 occur.

I agree that what is happening now is not desirable. We'll make some code updates for the next maintenance release to try and improve this so that the item under the mouse gets executed.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Cool. I was seeing issue #2 in ribbon style 2007 (non scenic) in the orb menu (non backstage view style). The reason I noticed it was that sometimes you misclick on an item and catch it before you release the button, but the wrong command was getting executed.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.