Fillup all available space of Ribbon

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by michael keller
Version: 11.1.0540
Hi @ all!

I have a question regarding the ribbon control. Is it possible, if I place a control within the ribbon, to automatically have it resized to the maximum available space of the ribbon?
I've already tried to use the "HorizontalAlignment" & "HorizontalContentAlignment" with no success!

Has anybody done this before? Can anyone describe how to do this?

Thank you folks!

Michael

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Michael,

I'm sorry but Ribbon isn't designed to handle those sorts of things since it doesn't really fit well into the variant model in the Ribbon specs. In-ribbon galleries can optionally expand to fill extra available space, but they have special variants that kick in appropriately when available space becomes limited.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by michael keller
Ok. Thank you for your reply!

Is it possible then, to get the actual height and width of the ribbon control or one of its containers?

Thank you!
Michael
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Michael,

Sorry but there isn't a way to get the size of the container. Per the Microsoft spec, the Ribbon is designed and intended to have controls on its Groups indicate their ideal desired size and then optionally support smaller fixed variant sizes if less space is available. The Ribbon governs at run-time when different variant sizes should be used, but isn't designed to support controls that grow to random sizes unless those sizes are fixed variant sizes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.