Tool Window layout is not restored for closed tool windows

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 11.1.0543
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)
We have an application where some hidden tool windows are only opened under certain circumstances. When the application is initially launched, these hidden tool windows are closed. Additionally, the hidden tool windows are closed prior to the main window closing.

We're using the dock site serializer to store the positions, docked states, etc... of all our tool windows so their layout information can be preserved across application runs. The bug we're seeing is:
1. If a user takes a formerly hidden tool window and makes it floating
2. Then adds other formerly hidden tool windows to it
3. Then closes and reopens the application

then when the hidden tool windows reappear, instead of all appearing in the same floating window, they appear visually stacked on top of each other. It seems like their docked state is not preserved.

I've sent along a sample project that repros this issue, as it's difficult for me to describe the problem in text.

What I'm looking for is a way to preserve the hidden tool windows state, when they're closed prior to serialization, so the next time they're opened, their docked state in a floating tool window is preserved.

Thanks,

-Craig

[Modified at 06/30/2011 06:17 PM]

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

Thanks for reporting this issue. If you need to send along a sample project, then you do not need to make a forum post as well. We answer forum posts and support emails/tickets with the same diligence.

We've corrected the issue for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.