A new Silverlight Studio maintenance release is now available. This build focuses on major new updates to SyntaxEditor and its add-ons. Updates include:
Actipro Software Support
- Updated the XML language definition to support !DOCTYPE internal subsets.
- Added the IAstNode.FindDescendantNode method that recursively locates a descendant node containing an offset.
- Fixed a bug in the incremental automatic outlining node update logic.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Documents no longer need a filename set to get automated IntelliPrompt working, making it easier to get started.
- Added XML comment summary documentation into quick info tips when available.
- Added new IDocumentationCommentAutoCompleter service that auto-generates stub XML documentation comments when starting to type them for a type or method, can auto-complete end tags, and inserts continuation delimiters on the next line when pressing Enter.
- Added completion list for documentation comment tags.
- Added keywords into completion list.
- Added context locations that can narrow down the list of items presented in a completion list.
- Improved resolver capabilities (generic method type inference, implicit variables in foreach, lambda expression parameters, anonymous method parameters).
- Added the CanShowOnTypedWordStart property to the CSharpCompletionProvider and VBCompletionProvider classes, which allows completion list auto-show when starting to type words in certain scenarios.
- Added automatic outlining for region proprocessor directive and documentation comment blocks.
- Added a DocumentationComment property to the AST TypeDeclaration and TypeMemberDeclaration classes, and updated the parsers to set the property when documentation comments are found.
- Updated the binary assembly loading code's probing logic.
- Added the IAssembly.Documentation property that can be set to an IAssemblyDocumentation instance to provide documentation comments for the assembly's types/members. FileBasedAssemblyRepository is the default implementation that can be used, security permitting.
- Added the IDotNetParseData interface and related DotNetParseData implementation class to allow for future extensibility.
- Improved infrastructure to better support access from multiple threads.
- Fixed a bug where completion lists could show in comments and preprocessor directives.
Web Languages Add-on
- Updated the lexer and grammar to support !DOCTYPE internal subsets.
- Updated the IXmlValidator.Validate method to accept an additional IAstNode parameter.
- Fixed a bug where the designer could throw a licensing exception after the built-in evaluation period expired
Actipro Software Support